These are the Procedures for International Undergraduates
Request For Login Details Below to start the Process
Guidelines on Application for International Applicants
- Take note of the following
- Kindly note that the cost of application is US$ 100 and it will be added to your first-year fees when you are admitted.
- In completing the online form, candidates will be required to upload their recent passport size photographs and certificates.
- A completed online form is not considered until it is finally
- Applicants are advised to check thoroughly all details entered before they finally submit their online applications.
- Print out application summary; attach results slips, certificates and all other relevant documents. Applicants must scan all the documents – signed copy of the application form, results slip, certificates, any valid national ID card and all supporting documents send to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: In the subject line of the Email, write only Application for Admission and the applicant’s full name in brackets. eg. Application for Admission (Zainab Issaka).
A. Procedure for application for International Students
All non-Ghanaian applicants are advised to apply as follows:
- Request for login details: Visit this link https://admissions.umat.edu.gh/international-applicants-only/undergraduate-code-request.html to request for login details for the application.
- Login details (including a link to the application site) will be sent to your email.
- Applicant uses login details to complete the online application.
- After application, the applicant is required to print the completed online application summary then sign the required portions.
- The applicant is required to scan the signed application summary, attach his or her results slip and birth certificate and send it to the admissions email address (email@example.com)
- Francophone applicants for BSc Engineering programmes must attach proof of English language proficiency to their application documents before sending their application document to the University.
- Once the applicant is selected, an admission offer letter will be sent to the applicants’ email address.
B. Picture Specification
Applicants are to upload a recent passport photo. The specifications for the passport photo are as follows:
- It must have a clear white background
- It must be a JPEG file format
- Its dimensions must be 3.5cm x 4.5cm
- The scanned soft copy must not be more than 65kb
- The photo must show the broad face and two ears
- The photo must be devoid of headgears and spectacles
- Self-captured and other phone photos will not be accepted
Note that the uploaded photo would be used to process your Student ID card should you enroll
C. Programme Selection
- Direct Applicants (regular applicants for BSc) are required to select four (4) distinct programmes.
- Direct Applicants (regular applicants for Diploma) are required to select only one (1) Programme.
- BSc Top-up Applicants are required to select two (2) distinct programmes.
- Certificate and other applicants are required to select only one (1) Programme.
Note: Choice of Programme must be carefully done in the order of preference. The same Programme cannot be chosen twice.
D. Who qualifies to be a Corroborator?
The corroborator is the person who confirms or gives support to all the information the applicant has stated during the application. A corroborator must have an officially stamp and could be:
- Senior Officer in a Public or Private Institution.
- A Chief /Traditional Authority
- An ordained Reverend Minister or Imam.
- Head teacher of an Educational Institution
Note: Parent or family relative of an applicant can’t corroborate for the same applicant.