Apply - Local Students
A. Logging In
- Purchase the admission e-voucher from the sales outlets: Post Office, Ecobank, Cal Bank, GCB Bank, Zenith Bank, Fidelity Bank, Access Bank and UBA. Cost of the e-voucher is GH₵ 200 BSc Programmes, GH₵ 175 for Diploma programmes and GH₵ 150 for Certificate programmes.
- The admission e-voucher contains the pin and serial number required for the completion of the online application.
- login the admission application portal through this site https://portal.umat.edu.gh/apply/account/login to begin the application
- After completion of the online application, print the application summary, sign and attach the relevant documents and post to the University.
The following documents are to be uploaded during the application process:
- Birth Certificate
- Second cycle education certificate or result slip (e.g WASSCE/SSCE)
- Academic Transcript (applicable to Top-up applicants only)
- Tertiary certificate (applicable to top-up applicants only)
- Introductory letter on work experience (applicable to mature applicants only)
C. Picture Specification
Applicants are to upload a recent passport photo. The specifications for the passport photo are as follows:
- It must have a clear white background
- It must be a JPEG file format
- Its dimensions must be 3.5cm x 4.5cm
- The scanned soft copy must not be more than 65kb
- The photo must show the broad face and two ears
- The photo must be devoid of headgears and spectacles
- Self-captured and other phone photos will not be accepted
Note that the uploaded photo would be used to process your Student ID card should you enroll
D. Programme Selection
- Direct Applicants (regular applicants for BSc) are required to select four (4) distinct programmes.
- Direct Applicants (regular applicants for Diploma) are required to select only one (1) Programme.
- BSc Top-up Applicants are required to select two (2) distinct programmes.
- Certificate and other applicants are required to select only one (1) Programme.
Note: Choice of Programme must be carefully done in the order of preference. The same Programme cannot be chosen twice.
E. Who qualifies to be a Corroborator?
The corroborator is the person who confirms or gives support to all the information the applicant has stated during the application. A corroborator must have an officially stamp and could be:
- Senior Officer in a Public or Private Institution.
- A Chief /Traditional Authority
- An ordained Reverend Minister or Imam.
- Head teacher of an Educational Institution
Note: Parent or family relative of an applicant can’t corroborate for the same applicant
F. Successful completion of online application
- An online application is said to be completed successfully when all the directives are followed and the required information on personal information (uploaded passport photo must show on the form), contact information, parent’s/guardian information, examination history (this is not applicable to certificate and top-up applicants) and Programme of choice is provided accurately.
- At the Data Verification page, applicants are required to verify the information they have provided before they finally click on the submit button to submit their application online.
- After successfully completing the online application, an application code will be generated for the applicant. The application code is found on the first page of the online application summary that opens immediately the submit button is clicked.
The applicant must ensure that the following are adhered to before postage:
- Applicants are to print out and sign the completed online application summary.
- The corroborator must fill out, sign and stamp his or her portion.
- The birth certificate, education result slip and any other document the applicant wish to add must be attached to the printed online application summary
- Two passport pictures must be affixed on the online application summary.
Applicants must write the application code on the envelope before posting by courier services (EMS/DHL/Fedex) to the University through the address:
- The Deputy Registrar
- Academic and Student Affairs
- University of Mines and Technology
- P.O. Box 237
Applicants must keep a copy of the set of application documents submitted to the University for future reference.
H. Notification of admission
Once an applicant is selected by the University, an SMS (text) message is sent to the contact number the applicant provided during the application. A list of selected candidates is pasted on the University website (https://portal.umat.edu.gh/apply/admission-list/search) for the information of the general public. Successful candidates are to log into their portal with the pin code and serial number they used for the application to print out their admission letters and other documents.
I. Fees payment and reporting to campus
Successful candidates are to adhere to the deadline indicated in their admission letter for the payment of fees. Fresh students are to report at their halls of residence indicated in their admission on the day of reporting and comply with the directives for successful registration.
Address and Location
University of Mines and Technology
P. O. Box 237
Tarkwa Esiama Rd,
Western Region, Ghana